Funerals & Wakes
Escape to the country
Chapel service & wake in the same location.
When you want a private event to celebrate the life of a loved one in a venue that is open light and airy and doesn’t feel sad & gloomy or anything like a funeral home.
- Off street parking
- Chapel seats 120 and the side lattice walls open to provide viewing for up to 300 people
- Chapel service only or service and catered wake options available
- Fully licensed,
- Catering, high tea options
- 7 minutes from the Tweed Heads Crematorium
Food Market Hand Carts
Traditional wake : sandwiches and chef platters served from the hand carts food market style.
- Freshly house made sandwiches (gluten free available upon request)
- Homemade scones jam & cream
- Selection of cakes
- Chef’s platters (arancini, spring rolls, quiche, coconut prawns, see downloadable menu for more selections)
- Self serve tea and coffee buffet
- Prepaid bar cart full of ice beers, wines and soft drinks or guests pay as they go from the bar.
Traditional wake : sandwiches and chef platters served from the night market style from the hand cart.
Appetizers and Canape
Served on the verandah overlooking the lake and grounds.
We highly recommend antipasto platters and grazing tables for a wake. The amount of food will be determined by the timing of the service. For services finishing between 11 am and 2.30 pm we recommend providing at least a round of sandwiches per person as lunch. We offer a choice of Savoury High Teas, Sandwiches, Chef’s Hot Platters, Oyster Bar, Antipasto Platter or Premium Antipasto Platter showcasing local Tweed Valley cured meats and cheeses.
Alternatively you might prefer a selection of elegant, house made canape served by roving waiters. Or if the deceased enjoyed a good old fashioned meat pie we can arrange for platters of party pies and similar.
Elegant High Teas
If the deceased enjoyed her high teas then this is the perfect send off. Served on our fine-bone china 3 tier platters with matching fine-bone floral teacups. Suitable for 30 – 60 people. Sufficient food to be considered as lunch.
- Scone, jam and cream
- Tartlet (or savoury mini quiche)
- Bite size morsel of cake
- Bottomless tea & coffee
- Optional extra – a glass of Sparkling Brut
Wood-fired pizza menu
Hand stretched, house made dough. Choice of 5 pizza.
Start with the standard or premium Antipasto Platter with drinks on the verandah. Then move inside for pizza served to the table or from the Night Market Handcarts. For groups of 30 – 60 people.
Country Pizza sample menu
Chef ‘s selction of cured meats, cheeses, olives, sun dried tomatoes, 2 house made dips, crackers and gluten free crackers.
Country Pizza Menu
` Garlic & cheese
~Satay Chicken, banana & caramelised onion
Hinterland Pizza sample menu
Premium Antipasto Platter
Salumi from Billinudgel, Cheeses Loves You by Debra Allard from Upper Burringbah, olives, sun dried tomatoes, 2 house made dips, crackers and gluten free crackers
Hinterland Pizza (includes 1 premium topping)
~Garlic & Cheese
~Australian Bay Lobster Meat , mozzarella, fresh thyme & a sprinkle of parmesan
~BBQ Meat Lovers
Choose between a Beverage Package for a set price and duration, an agreed pre-paid bar tab, guests paying for their own or a combination of the above.
- Pioneer Country is licensed until midnight
- Our range of own label, house wines are very drinkable and appeal to a wide audience. Our house wine range includes: Sparkling Brut, Sauvignon blanc, Chardonnay, Moscato, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz
- The Pickled Pig Brewery is literally on the other side of our farm paddock and they proudly brew Pioneer Country’s own Hilly Billy Beer, “I DO” Like Cider, Jinja Beer & Sweet Nothings Non-Alcholic softdrinks.
- We stock a range of packaged beer including: Great Northern Super Crisp, Great Northern Zero, Burleigh Big Heads (no carbs), Corona, XXXX Gold, NEW, TEDs
6 litre mason jars
Each jar serves approx 24 drinks:
- Sangria (rum & wine)
- Mojito (rum)
- Homemade strawberry lemonade (no alc.)
- Punch drunk (Malibu)
- Tropical punch (no alc.)
Full Bar & Cocktail Menu.
- Local beers
- Premium beers
- Pioneer Country branded house wine
- Premium wine (from Sarah’s own wine cellar)
- Premixed drinks
- Premium & local spirits including Husk & Brookies