Weddings, Events & Functions
Pioneer Country is a dedicated farm wedding venue and is a fifth-generation cattle property, owned by the Sullivan family since 1892, nestled on 170 acres of lush farmland on the glorious Tweed Coast hinterland.
Featuring rolling hills & picturesque ocean views, this breathtaking farm was converted to a one-stop wedding destination by Fay & Bill Sullivan & is now run by their oldest daughter, Sarah Robinson – who grew up in the family business before going on to become an international project manager working in Brisbane, London and most recently Shanghai. After returning to the Tweed, Sarah became passionate about breathing new life into Pioneer Country & has meticulously created the ideal farm wedding venue.
- A convenient 10-minute drive from Gold Coast Airport – situated close to Coolangatta hotels & only 30 minutes north of iconic Byron Bay
- Ample unlimited off-street parking – with overnight parking available
- 200 acres of rolling lawns & hilltops with ocean views to Surfers Paradise, Stradbroke Island & the Border Ranges
- 120 seat Plantation-style chapel – featuring antique pews, a picturesque, pitched roof & lattice side walls that open to allow viewing for up to 300 guests
- Multiple outdoor ceremony options
- Photogenic – Black Angus cows, sun dappled avenues of trees, a reflection lake, country horse yards & rustic Australian memorabilia
- An ambient, purpose built & fully licensed, barn-style restaurant, that comfortably seats 220 guests & features recycled 100-year-old beams, fairy lights, punkka fans & three wood burning fireplaces
- Personalised menus by talented chefs showcasing local Tweed Valley produce
- A private venue which hosts only one wedding at a time
- The safe hands of an internationally renowned event planner
In short… Absolutely everything
you need in one stunning location
A note from our in-house,
I’m Sarah & I will be your in-house wedding planner.
As a fourth generation Sullivan, it’s no surprise I went into the family business at a young age before making a career managing large-scale events & projects the world over. My true delight, however, has been in coming home to the beautiful Tweed Valley & reinvigorating my family’s wedding function venue.
The Tweed Valley is a perfect wedding & foodie destination because it produces amazing food, is picturesque & is close to Brisbane, Byron & a major airport.
I love engaging with excited, recently engaged couples & turning loose plans (or even no plans!) into amazing, memorable days. Even those highly organised brides or grooms, with a clear vision of what they want, appreciate having a wedding professional in their corner to bounce ideas off.
I am proud of our paddock to plate ethos & committed in supporting our local primary producers. The food we serve is locally sourced, premium produce, prepared in our extensive commercial kitchen.
Drawing on my experience in marketing & events, I enjoy helping couples deliver beautifully coordinated wedding days which are polished, personal & relaxed.
Having planned hundreds of events & weddings, I am a strong believer that ‘there is always a solution to any problem that should arise’. I see it as my job to reduce the complexity & stress of couples planning their big day.
As your wedding planner I will:
- To hold your hand as much or as little as you need & to guide you through every part of the process – saving you time & stress – from booking to departure
- To provide an extensive list of experienced contacts – from photographers to florists – helping you make the perfect choices for the day you want to create
- To assist you in allocating & keeping to your budget – working out your style & pulling together all the little details – to ensure your wedding day is personal & unique to you
- To keep you on track with a shared planning tool & detailed run sheet. I will handle all those last-minute emergencies discreetly & professionally – so you can relax & savour every moment
I love that every wedding is different & count it a true honour to be able to help each couple put their individual stamp on this exciting & important day.
If you would like a personal tour of our venue, please make a booking at the link below. Inspection tour hours are flexible to suit your needs & weekdays, weekends or after hours can be arranged.
I look forward to showing how your wedding day could look at Pioneer Country.